PDA

View Full Version : Unissued stamps of South Vietnam

Alex_iv
11-01-2009, 03:02
Dear friends,
Maybe someone know is it possible to get in Vietnam (Saigon) unissued South Vietnam stamps?
Actually i'm interested in more than 21 of them which are exists according to information of Indochina Philatelists Society. I have 21 of unissued South Vietnam stamps and if anyone can provide information or link where can i know more information about these stamps i will be very grateful and actually i think it will be interesting to other serious collectors :)

1. so, first, how many stamps were printed? if possible tell please circualtion of each stamp.
2. What is estimated price in Vietnam?
3. How serious vietnamese collectors think about these stamps? Possible fakes (forgeries)?

I gladly will talk about this topic to anyone who can say something interesting :)

Hope for an answer :)

here i provide a scan of the stamps i have :)

congacon
11-01-2009, 06:04
Dear Alex .
Unissued stamps of S. Vietnam ...they have more than 21 stamps ....you can go to this link below and you have to register as a member to see all the scans ..as a guest you cant' .
Best Regards

http://www.temviet.com/forums/showthread.php?t=475

Alex_iv
11-01-2009, 21:46
Thanks a lot for the info, i will try to look there :)

Alex_iv
11-01-2009, 22:00
I looked through :) Interesting. I think i saw some others in the Indochina Philatelists Society also. But can you tell please í it posible to get in Vietnam mỏe than these 21 stamps? What is estimated price? How expensive are imperforated ones?
Thanks a lot in advance!

THE GUEST
28-01-2009, 09:14
I looked through :) Interesting. I think i saw some others in the Indochina Philatelists Society also. But can you tell please if it pósible to get in Vietnam more than these 21 stamps? What is estimated price? How expensive are imperforated ones?
Thanks a lot in advance!

Dear Mr. Alex,

Your 21 unissued stamps (perforated) of RVN as shown above are common and okay to almost collectors. They're found (but gone out from warehouse of Saigon Post Office some years later) after Saigon was changed its national flag color. Mentioning to more than the 21 stamps, it's about 25 or over imperforated stamps with limited quantity were found and stolen to sell out when there was a warehouse moving from the Saigon Post Office to a new company. They are only proofs for the issue plan in the year of 1975. I think we cannot call them unissued stamps but proofs.

In Vietnam, you cannot find to buy such stamps. All are in hands of collectors who are living abroad. When those stamps were still in Vietnam 10 years ago, price was about U$6,000-7,000 for a group of 20-25 stamps. Now, price might be 3-4 times. However, if you were millionaire you could not buy at any price. That's a fact of rare items.

So, 21 unissued stamps are okay for a collection of RVN. Please do not think you do not have enough.

Best regards,

Tran Trong Khai

Alex_iv
28-01-2009, 16:17
Hello Tran Trong Khai!
Thank you very much for your reply and opinion. I actually bought some of these "typical" unissued stamps in Saigon back in 2005. But it was actually only 3 stamps. So i thought maybe something else still possible to find in Saigon.
I actually think that maybe it's possible to buy other "proofs" stamps not that much but as you mentioned - yes, first problem i'm not a millionaire at all :) Second - if you buy form Ebay is very big possibility of a forgery. Expecially for such stamps...

In general for rare stamps i think price will be higher in Vietnam than abroad, right?

And if you (or someone else) could answer - can you please tell me is it possible to buy from vietnamese collectors stamps of Central Vietnam - Ho Chi Minh overprints? One of my colleagues ask for it. What can be the price?

Thank you very much in advance!

Best wishes,
Alexander

THE GUEST
31-01-2009, 05:46
Hello Tran Trong Khai!
Thank you very much for your reply and opinion. I actually bought some of these "typical" unissued stamps in Saigon back in 2005. But it was actually only 3 stamps. So i thought maybe something else still possible to find in Saigon.
I actually think that maybe it's possible to buy other "proofs" stamps not that much but as you mentioned - yes, first problem i'm not a millionaire at all :) Second - if you buy form Ebay is very big possibility of a forgery. Expecially for such stamps...

In general for rare stamps i think price will be higher in Vietnam than abroad, right?

And if you (or someone else) could answer - can you please tell me is it possible to buy from vietnamese collectors stamps of Central Vietnam - Ho Chi Minh overprints? One of my colleagues ask for it. What can be the price?

Thank you very much in advance!

Best wishes,
Alexander

Hi,

I do not agree fully with you that price of rare stamps will be higher in Vietnam than abroad. I think it depends you buy rare stamps from dealers or from collectors. It depends who needs or who buys, price might be high or not high. But there is a fact that there are many potential buyers in Vietnam now and there are many rare stamps coming back from abroad to be sold to Vietnamese collectors in the country.

Please check this stamp if you means it is stamp of "Central - Ho Chi Minh overprint".

B rgds,

TT Khai

Alex_iv
31-01-2009, 19:42
I didnt mean that i sure that price in Vietnam is higher. I just assumed. Actually i wish i wrong :) Because for me it will be easier later to buy stamps i need or exchange them in Saigon than buy from eBay for example.

As for stamp you show - yes, my colleague here and me have interest in such issues. Do you have it for sale? Or maybe you know someone who is interested to name a price for it?
thanks in advance!

best wishes,
Alexander

vnmission
31-01-2009, 20:01
Please check this stamp

Bác Khải ơi, em chưa có tem này!

THE GUEST
31-01-2009, 21:33
Bác Khải ơi, em chưa có tem này!

Con tem chỉ dùng lấy hình minh họa thui vì không rỏ nghĩa của câu từ "Central- Ho Chi Minh overprinted" chứ K chỉ còn lại đúng 2 tem loại đấy để đi "diễu hành" Vietstampex" 2010 (nếu may mắn) :">

THE GUEST
31-01-2009, 21:42
I didnt mean that i sure that price in Vietnam is higher. I just assumed. Actually i wish i wrong :) Because for me it will be easier later to buy stamps i need or exchange them in Saigon than buy from eBay for example.

As for stamp you show - yes, my colleague here and me have interest in such issues. Do you have it for sale? Or maybe you know someone who is interested to name a price for it?
thanks in advance!

best wishes,
Alexander

The stamp illustrated is mine but I have no extra one for sale. Regretfully, I do not know who has such stamps to sell in Saigon. Stamps I have I bought from an old collector in Nha Trang 10 years ago.

Alex_iv
31-01-2009, 21:45
Actually i personally hardly can afford this stamp now :) For me it's still a lot of other need to get first :)
The reason i asked it form Vietnam - it's because i think you know how many fakes or such types are now on eBay. For sure can be the same fakes in Vietnam but if you buy from famous collector at least you have a chance to have original :)

Alex_iv
31-01-2009, 21:46
The stamp illustrated is mine but I have no extra one for sale. Regretfully, I do not know who has such stamps to sell in Saigon. Stamps I have I bought from an old collector in Nha Trang 10 years ago.

i see, thanks!
Well, congratulations :) You're lucky man to have it :)

THE GUEST
31-01-2009, 21:54
i see, thanks!
Well, congratulations :) You're lucky man to have it :)

You could view the rest of my stamps from a total of (about) 50 pcs after 10 years I afford them.

Fake comparison :

Alex_iv
01-02-2009, 00:37
Really great! Thanks a lot for showing it.
I just want to ask - is there any way to recognize forgery of such cover as you show on the last page? Are there many people in Vietnam who can do it? :)

For me personally - i do not have any of these stamps yet. I only have some old regular issues which you can find in vietnamese catalog. Here in Moscow i talked with one old man who is collecting Vietnam for many years and he said to me that he saw such stamps here only once. And he also do not have them :)

THE GUEST
01-02-2009, 07:11
Really great! Thanks a lot for showing it.
I just want to ask - is there any way to recognize forgery of such cover as you show on the last page? Are there many people in Vietnam who can do it? :)

For me personally - i do not have any of these stamps yet. I only have some old regular issues which you can find in vietnamese catalog. Here in Moscow i talked with one old man who is collecting Vietnam for many years and he said to me that he saw such stamps here only once. And he also do not have them :)

1) It's not available such a cover for philately purpose at a local post office "Buu Dien Lien Khu 5" (Post Office of Interzone 5) during 9-year resistance time of anti-French war

2) There was no post office named "Buu Dien Lien Khu 5". Interzone 5 was an administrative zone with the head town is Hoai Nhon. You could see type of post marks in the other page as shown.

3) About stamps :
-Looking at the arrow point (big gap between A & M of the word VIET NAM)
-Looking at the design of Ho Chi Minh portrait on stamp
-Paper : cannot describe here unless you touch it by hand
-Color : fake maker used so many different color to print stamps because he just imagined and wanted to sell many
-Type of face value and overprint : fake maker made a lot

4) Price I bought this cover is a multiple of US$3 for every stamp pasted on. I bought it in Saigon from a dealer who got it from Hanoi (at Kham Thien).

Alex_iv
01-02-2009, 15:43
I see. Thank you very much for the explanation, i will keep it in mind.
And the price you paid is great :) Now i suppose such price anyone hardly can find :)

THE GUEST
01-02-2009, 18:31
I see. Thank you very much for the explanation, i will keep it in mind.
And the price you paid is great :) Now i suppose such price anyone hardly can find :)

Hi Alex,

Price of fake stamps (Central Interzone 5 Ho Chi Minh) is about $3-5 normally. I could buy them in Saigon few years ago. Now, I do not know what's going on. Let you know buying price of such stamps I want to say that what price you buy means what kind of your stamps you get. Few dealers from overseas come in Vietnam and buy them to resell (on eBay, for example).

Rgds,

Khai

Alex_iv
01-02-2009, 19:14
Well, for such price i would like to buy it for my collection. Can you please let me know if by any chance you will see the proposal of these stamps from someone? I will be really grateful :)

And by the way, Mr. Khai maybe you're interested in exchange? What are your topics?
Thanks a lot!

Alexander

THE GUEST
01-02-2009, 21:20
Well, for such price i would like to buy it for my collection. Can you please let me know if by any chance you will see the proposal of these stamps from someone? I will be really grateful :)

And by the way, Mr. Khai maybe you're interested in exchange? What are your topics?
Thanks a lot!

Alexander

Hi,

My topic is Vietnamese stamps for traditional exhibition mainly. Now, I only need Soviet Union stamps printed Ho Chi Minh portrait (one in red color, and one in white color) as of non-perforated stamp and/or color proof of them. Do you have any ? I need one postal used cover bears the white color stamp of Ho Chi Minh. I have had FDCs and mint stamps.

Khai

Alex_iv
01-02-2009, 21:57
Usual stamps as you shown i have for sure. But unfortunately no any imperforates or color proof. My collection of USSR/Russia and duplicates of it do not include any rare things as proofs. The reason is rather simple - here now such soviet stamps are rather expensive (of course if you can find it).
Sorry that cannot help you on that...

Alexander