Mặc định

Góp vui với bác KVD:

Name:  jack-800.jpg
Views: 459
Size:  77.9 KB
Andrew Jackson, President of the United States of America

To

Great and Good Friend,

This will be delivered to your Majesty by Edmund Roberts, a respectable citizen of these United States, who has been appointed Special Agent on the part of this Government to transact important business with your Majesty. I pray your Majesty to protect him in the exercice of the duties which are thus confided to him, and to treat him with kindness and confidence, placing entire reliance on what he shall say to you in our behalf, especially when he shall repeat the assurances of our perfect amity and goodwill towards your Majesty.

I pray God to have you always, Great and Good Friend, under his safe and holy keeping.
In testimony whereof, I have caused the Seal of the United States to be hereunder affixed! Given under my hands at the city of Washington the thirty first day of January A.D. 1832, and of the Independance of the United States of America the fifty sixth.
Andrew Jackson,
By the President,
Edw. Livingston, Secretary of State
Nghe nói đây là bản sao bức thư tay của tổng thống Mỹ Andrew Jackson gửi Vua Minh Mạng, hiện lưu giữ tại Văn khố của chính phủ Hoa Kỳ (Archives of the Government), tại mục Cochinchina - Communications to the Sovereigns and Foring states 1829 - 1846, Vol I, p. 69, người sao thư là Ngoại trưởng Mỹ lúc đó. Nhờ các bác kiểm tra lại bản "dịch" trên, tôi không chắc lắm.
Trả Lời Kèm Trích Dẫn Bài Này
3 Thành viên sau đây nói lời CẢM ƠN bạn kimma vì đã gửi Bài viết hữu ích này:
chienbinh (28-10-2009), hat_de (27-10-2009), manh thuong (31-10-2009)